New and used BMW M8 price in Ghana
The BMW M8 is the high-performance variant of the BMW 8 Series, a lineage that represents a blend of luxury, power, and aesthetic craftsmanship. While the 8 Series began in the late 1980s, fans had to wait until the 2010s to witness the birth of the M8, a true embodiment of BMW’s motorsport prowess married with uncompromising luxury.
|Model Year||Price in Cedis Ghana (GHC)|
|BMW M8 2016||750,000|
|BMW M8 2022||1080,000|
- The idea of the M8 started with the original 8 Series (E31) launched in 1990. BMW had initially planned an M version but it never officially saw the light of day. A prototype was developed, featuring a V12 engine, but it was never officially unveiled to the public and the project was shelved.
- The 8 Series was discontinued in 1999, and it wasn’t until nearly two decades later that BMW revived it. With this resurrection came the eagerly anticipated M8, finally fulfilling the long-held dream of an ultimate high-performance 8 Series model.
- The M8 was officially previewed as a concept car in 2018 at the Geneva Motor Show, with the production model unveiled in June 2019.
- Exterior: The M8 boasts an aggressive exterior that reflects its performance capabilities. It features larger air intakes, M-specific double-bar kidney grille, aerodynamically optimized bodywork, and quad-exhaust tailpipes. The design philosophy is a blend of athleticism and elegance, staying true to its luxurious heritage while bearing the hallmarks of BMW’s M division.
- Interior: Inside, the M8 offers a cockpit brimming with luxury materials and advanced technology. M-specific displays, high-quality leather upholstery, and intricate details create an environment that is both sporty and luxurious.
- The M8 is powered by a 4.4-liter M TwinPower Turbo V8 engine, delivering exhilarating performance. The engine generates significant horsepower and torque, capable of propelling the M8 from 0 to 60 mph in just 3 seconds, depending on the model.
- It comes with an M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic and uses the M xDrive all-wheel-drive system with an Active M Differential, ensuring optimal traction and driving dynamics.
- Technological advancements are abundant, including BMW’s Live Cockpit Professional with M-specific digital instrumentation, Heads-Up Display, and the latest version of iDrive.
3. Available models and their released dates:
- BMW M8 Coupe: Launched in 2019, the M8 Coupe is a grand tourer that combines sports-car agility with refined luxury.
- BMW M8 Convertible: Also launched in 2019, the M8 Convertible adds the allure of open-top driving to the M8’s portfolio.
- BMW M8 Gran Coupe: Introduced in 2020, the Gran Coupe holds onto the performance attributes of the M8 while offering four doors and more spacious rear accommodation.
- BMW M8 Competition: Available across all body styles, the M8 Competition models dial up the performance even further, offering more power, a more aggressive suspension setup, and unique design cues.
The M8 embodies BMW’s commitment to pushing the boundaries of what a luxury sports car can be, combining blistering performance with opulent details and cutting-edge technology. It’s a car that respects the legacy of the 8 Series while boldly driving it into the future.