New and used Ford Edge price in Ghana
The Ford Edge is a mid-size crossover SUV manufactured by Ford Motor Company. The vehicle was first introduced to the market in 2006, making its debut at the Detroit Auto Show, and has since been an essential part of Ford’s SUV lineup.
|Model Year||Price in Cedis Ghana (GHC)|
|Ford Edge 2007 – 2008||65,000|
|Ford Edge 2009 – 2010||360,000|
|Ford Edge 2011||86,000|
|Ford Edge 2012 – 2013||150,000|
|Ford Edge 2014 – 2015||75,000|
|Ford Edge 2016 – 2017||270,000|
|Ford Edge 2018||290,000|
|Ford Edge 2019||390,000|
|Ford Edge 2020 -2021||485,000|
|Ford Edge 2022||530,000|
- First Generation (2007-2014) The first-generation Ford Edge, built on the Ford CD3 platform shared with several other Ford and Lincoln models, debuted with a bold, upright look with a pronounced front grille, a sloping roofline, and wide stance. The interior focused on comfort and space, providing ample room for passengers and cargo.
- Second Generation (2015-present) The second-generation Edge, unveiled in 2014, was based on the Ford CD4 platform. It featured a more refined and futuristic design with a sleeker shape, a new grille design, and more advanced lighting technology. The interior also saw significant upgrades with higher quality materials, advanced technology, and improved noise insulation.
Throughout its production, the Edge has been known for combining the comfort and space characteristics of larger SUVs with the maneuverability and efficiency of smaller models, making it a popular choice in the mid-size crossover segment.
The Ford Edge has offered various powertrains over its life, including four-cylinder, V6, and turbocharged engines, with a focus on balancing performance and efficiency. In recent models, it includes options like the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder EcoBoost engine and the 2.7-liter V6 EcoBoost engine, providing a blend of power and fuel efficiency. Transmission options have primarily been automatics, evolving from 6-speed to 8-speed automatics in the latest models.
In terms of technology and safety, recent Edge models feature Ford’s Co-Pilot360 technology, which includes a suite of safety features like Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking, Blind Spot Information System, Lane-Keeping System, rear backup camera, and auto high-beam headlamps. Advanced features such as Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering are also available.
3. Available models and their release dates
- First Generation: 2007 – 2014, with a facelift in 2011 introducing updated design features and improved materials.
- Second Generation 2015 – present, with a significant update in 2019 refreshing the exterior styling, improving performance, and adding more advanced safety features and technology.
The Ford Edge, with its style, performance, and technology, continues to be a strong competitor in the mid-size crossover SUV market, appealing to families and individuals seeking utility and comfort.