New and used Ford Expedition price in Ghana
The Ford Expedition is a full-size SUV manufactured by the American automaker Ford. Introduced in 1997 for the 1997 model year as a replacement for the Bronco, it was Ford’s largest SUV, slotted above the smaller Explorer. It is unique in its class for offering a full-size body-on-frame experience, which is particularly useful for towing and hauling.
|Model Year||Price in Cedis Ghana (GHC)|
|Ford Expedition2012 – 2013||285,000|
|Ford Expedition 2014||,000|
|Ford Expedition 2016||80,000|
|Ford Expedition 2017||90,000|
|Ford Expedition 2018||680,000|
|Ford Expedition 2019||140,000|
|Ford Expedition2020 – 2021||370,000|
|Ford Expedition 2o23||1800,000|
- First Generation (1997-2002): The first-generation Expedition debuted in 1997 with a design based on the F-150 pickup and was introduced as a competitor to the Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon. It featured a front engine, rear-wheel drive/four-wheel drive layout, and a traditional SUV shape with a large, boxy frame.
- Second Generation (2003-2006): The second-generation model was unveiled in 2002, featuring a revised design that offered improved aerodynamics, an independent rear suspension for better ride quality, and a third-row seat that could be folded flat into the floor for more cargo space.
- Third Generation (2007-2017): Launched in 2006 for the 2007 model year, the third-generation Expedition featured a more contemporary design, with a higher beltline, a more aggressive front fascia, and an enhanced interior. The EL/Max model, with an extended wheelbase, was also introduced for more space.
- Fourth Generation (2018-present): Unveiled in 2017, the fourth and current generation brought a revolutionary change in design with an all-aluminum body, reducing weight significantly. The style became more streamlined, modern, and upmarket, both inside and out.
Throughout its generations, the Expedition has been known for its size, power, and capacity to carry people and haul cargo or trailers.
Across different generations, the Expedition has seen various V8 engines, moving to V6 with turbocharging in its recent iteration for better fuel efficiency while maintaining power. The current model features a 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost engine, mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission, with choices of rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive.
The SUV is known for its spaciousness, with three rows of seating and ample cargo space, especially in the extended-wheelbase Max version. It also offers advanced technology features like SYNC 3 infotainment system, Ford Co-Pilot360 driver-assist technologies, and high-quality interior materials for comfort.
3. Available models and their release dates:
- First Generation: 1997 – 2002
- Second Generation: 2003 – 2006
- Third Generation: 2007 – 2017, with a mid-generation refresh in 2015
- Fourth Generation: 2018 – present
The Ford Expedition continues to be a popular choice for large families and those needing significant towing capacity and off-road capabilities, thanks to its powerful engine, spacious interior, and technology features.