New and used Ford Fiesta price in Ghana
The Ford Fiesta is a supermini marketed by Ford since 1976 over seven generations. It has been manufactured globally, including in Europe, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, China, India, Thailand, and South Africa.
|Model Year||Price in Cedis Ghana (GHC)|
|Ford Fiesta 2010 – 2011||39,000|
|Ford Fiesta 2012 – 2013||78,000|
|Ford Fiesta 2014||90,000|
|Ford Fiesta 2015 – 2016||91,000|
|Ford Fiesta 2017 – 2018||235,000|
- First Generation (1976-1983): The Fiesta was Ford’s first car developed under the project name “Bobcat” and was one of the first front-wheel-drive Fords, with a simple design, an emphasis on fuel economy, and a practical, small-car format.
- Second Generation (1983-1989): The second generation featured a more aerodynamic body, with a restyled front end and interior. The new design reflected a global design strategy known as “Ford Jellybean.”
- Third Generation (1989-1997): This iteration introduced a more rounded shape, with the major design change being the adoption of the “one-box” design, improving cabin space. It was also the first Fiesta to be sold with a Diesel engine.
- Fourth Generation (1995-2002): A substantial facelift on the third generation, the fourth iteration carried over the old model’s chassis but featured significantly revamped exterior and interior designs.
- Fifth Generation (2002-2008): Often considered a separate generation, the fifth was actually a substantial refresh of the fourth. It had modernized styling, improved safety, and was the first Fiesta to feature Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) as standard.
- Sixth Generation (2008-2017): The sixth generation introduced a new design language known as “Kinetic Design,” with a more aggressive and eye-catching look, featuring pronounced wheel arches and a large grille.
- Seventh Generation (2017-present): The latest generation features a more refined design, with a more upscale and sophisticated look. It introduced variants such as the luxurious Vignale and sporty ST-Line.
Throughout its production, the Fiesta has been available with a wide range of engines, from a 0.9-liter to a 1.6-liter turbocharged engine in the ST version. Transmissions have included 4-speed manual, 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, 3-speed automatic, 4-speed automatic, 5-speed automatic, 6-speed automatic, and 6-speed dual-clutch automatic. Features have evolved significantly, from basic safety features and amenities in the first generation to advanced driver-assist technologies and infotainment systems with smartphone integration in the latest generation.
3. Available models and their release dates:
- First Generation: 1976 – 1983
- Second Generation: 1983 – 1989
- Third Generation: 1989 – 1997
- Fourth Generation: 1995 – 2002 (though marketed as a separate generation, it was essentially a substantial facelift of the third)
- Fifth Generation: 2002 – 2008 (similar to the fourth, this was a major refresh)
- Sixth Generation: 2008 – 2017
- Seventh Generation: 2017 – present
The Ford Fiesta, particularly in its performance ST guise, has received acclaim for its handling and driving dynamics, proving that small, affordable cars can offer an engaging driving experience.