New and used Ford Fusion price in Ghana
Introduced in 2005 for the 2006 model year, the Ford Fusion quickly became a staple in the midsize sedan segment. The Fusion was Ford’s response to the growing dominance of sedans from Japanese automakers in the U.S. market. Over its production span, the Fusion was lauded for its driving dynamics, interior quality, and value proposition.
|Model Year||Price in Cedis Ghana (GHC)|
|Ford Fusion 2013||90,000|
|Ford Fusion 2014 – 2015||130,000|
|Ford Fusion 2016 – 2017||145,000|
|Ford Fusion 2018 – 2019||215,000|
|Ford Fusion2020 – 2021||450,000|
- First Generation (2006-2012):
- Launched with a distinctive three-bar chrome grille, the design was both modern and upscale for its time. The Fusion’s design leaned more towards a sporty appearance compared to some competitors, especially with its prominent wheel arches and aggressive front end.
- Second Generation (2013-2020):
- Ford took the Fusion’s design to the next level with a more streamlined, fastback-inspired silhouette. Drawing comparisons to Aston Martin with its grille design, the second-gen Fusion was often cited as one of the best-looking cars in its segment. The interior also saw significant enhancements in terms of layout and material quality.
- First Generation: Options ranged from a 2.3L four-cylinder to a 3.0L V6. By the end of this generation, a 2.5L four-cylinder became the base engine.
- Second Generation: A wider range of engines became available, including a 2.5L four-cylinder, 1.5L EcoBoost, 2.0L EcoBoost, and a 2.7L EcoBoost for the Sport model. Hybrid and plug-in hybrid (Energi) variants were also introduced.
- Initially launched with a 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic, the Fusion eventually transitioned to 6-speed manuals and 6-speed automatics. The second generation saw the widespread use of the 6-speed automatic across its range.
- Interior & Tech:
- Over the years, the Fusion received Ford’s evolving infotainment systems, including the introduction of SYNC and later versions of the SYNC system. Advanced driver assistance systems, like adaptive cruise control and lane-keeping assist, were also added in the second generation.
3. Available models and their released dates
- First Generation:
- 2006-2012: Initially available in S, SE, and SEL trims. The Sport and Hybrid trims were added later in the generation.
- Second Generation:
- 2013-2020: The second-gen Fusion was introduced in S, SE, Titanium, and Hybrid trims. The Fusion Energi (plug-in hybrid) was introduced in 2013 as a 2014 model. The Sport trim, with its unique 2.7L EcoBoost engine, was added to the lineup for the 2017 model year.
The Ford Fusion, especially in its second generation, provided a blend of performance, efficiency, and style that resonated with many buyers. However, with the shifting market trends favoring SUVs and trucks, Ford decided to discontinue the Fusion after the 2020 model year in North America.