New and used Ford Ranger price in Ghana
The Ford Ranger is a nameplate that has been used on multiple model lines of vehicles sold by Ford worldwide. Primarily in use for light trucks, the name “Ranger” was first used for the US market from the 1965 model year on a version of the Ford F-Series. However, the vehicle most people think of as the Ford Ranger started its life in the early 1980s.
|Model Year||Price in Cedis Ghana (GHC)|
|Ford Ranger 2008 – 2009||88,000|
|Ford Ranger 2010 – 2011||55,000|
|Ford Ranger 2012 – 2013||145,000|
|Ford Ranger 2014 – 2015||150,000|
|Ford Ranger 2016 – 2017||375,000|
|Ford Ranger 2018 – 2019||350,000|
|Ford Ranger2020 – 2021||630,000|
|Ford Ranger 2022 – 2023||140,000|
The Ford Ranger began as a compact pickup truck marketed and manufactured by Ford Motor Company from 1983 to 2012 model years for North America. The first Ranger rolled off the production line on January 18, 1982. After a brief hiatus, the Ranger name was revived for a mid-size pickup model in 2019 for the North American market.
- First Generation (1983-1992): The original Ranger was designed to replace the Ford Courier, an American version of the Mazda B-Series. This was a compact truck, smaller than the full-size Ford F-150, with a very basic design, square-shaped body, and minimal interior features.
- Second Generation (1993-1997): This generation featured a more modern and aerodynamic design. The truck’s exterior was rounded off, and the interior was updated for more comfort.
- Third Generation (1998-2012): The Ranger received a major design overhaul with a larger, more aggressive stance, a new grille, and a more robust frame. The interior was also significantly improved, with more comfortable seating and new technology features.
- Fourth Generation (2019-present): After its hiatus, the Ranger returned as a mid-size pickup with a design more in line with modern aesthetics and current Ford styling trends. It’s larger than its predecessors, with a rugged yet sleek exterior and a high-tech, comfortable interior.
Over the years, the Ranger has been available with various powertrains, from 4-cylinder engines to larger V6s, and even a 4-cylinder diesel in the mid-1980s. The latest model features a 2.3L EcoBoost engine paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission, boasting both efficiency and power.
Today’s Ranger also offers advanced terrain management systems, Ford’s Sync 3 infotainment system, and various driver-assist technologies as part of the Ford Co-Pilot360.
3. Available models and their released dates:
- First Generation: 1983 – 1992
- Second Generation: 1993 – 1997
- Third Generation: 1998 – 2012
- Fourth Generation: 2019 – present
Throughout its history, the Ford Ranger has been appreciated for its durability, capability, and versatility, from basic work truck to off-road adventurer. The newest generation, with its modern updates, continues to carry on this tradition.