New and used Polo price in Ghana
The Volkswagen Polo is a car produced by the German manufacturer Volkswagen since 1975. It is sold in Europe and other markets worldwide in hatchback, sedan, coupe and estate variants. The Polo has been considered a standard in the supermini class for years and has consistently been an example of functionality, comfort, and reliability for a compact car.
|Model Year||Price in Cedis Ghana (GHC)|
|Volkswagen Polo2009 White||78,000|
|Volkswagen Polo 2009 Black||60,000|
- First Generation (Typ 86; 1975–1981): The original Polo, essentially a rebadged version of the Audi 50, was a hit in the market due to its small size, efficiency, and affordability. It was available in hatchback and sedan versions.
- Second Generation (Typ 86C; 1981–1994): This generation featured several body styles, including a coupé, classic sedan, and hatchback with a facelift occurring in 1990 known as the “Polo Classic.” It also saw the introduction of the performance model, the G40.
- Third Generation (Typ 6N/6KV; 1994–2002): This version offered improved safety features, updated styling, and a new range of engines. The car was available in several body styles, including a 5-door hatchback, 4-door sedan, and a 3-door hatchback.
- Fourth Generation (Typ 9N; 2002–2009): Featured a completely revamped design, more in line with the contemporary Golf. It introduced new engine options, including TDI (Turbocharged Direct Injection) diesel and FSI (Fuel Stratified Injection) petrol engines.
- Fifth Generation (Typ 6R/6C; 2009–2017): Built on the PQ25 platform, the fifth-generation Polo was larger, more comfortable, and featured a wide range of engines, along with a 7-speed DSG (Direct-Shift Gearbox) transmission. This generation introduced the Polo BlueMotion with high fuel efficiency and lower emissions.
- Sixth Generation (AW; 2017–present): The latest Polo is based on the MQB A0 platform, allowing for a more spacious interior and advanced technology. It’s available with a range of TSI and TDI engines and features like digital cockpits and advanced driver assistance systems.
The Polo’s design has evolved with a focus on a more modern, sportier look while maintaining the classic, functional aesthetic. The interior has seen significant upgrades over the generations, with the latest models featuring high-quality materials and the latest in infotainment systems, emphasizing comfort and technology.
Across its life, the Polo has been offered with a variety of engines, including petrol, diesel, and more recently, mild hybrid setups. The current generation features turbocharged TSI engines, offering a balance between performance and efficiency, as well as TDI engines known for their fuel economy. The car comes with manual and DSG transmission options.
3. Available models and their released dates:
- First Generation: 1975 – 1981
- Second Generation: 1981 – 1994
- Third Generation: 1994 – 2002
- Fourth Generation: 2002 – 2009
- Fifth Generation: 2009 – 2017
- Sixth Generation: 2017 – present
The Polo has earned a reputation for reliability, quality, and practicality, making it one of Volkswagen’s enduring best-sellers. Its versatility and range of options have allowed it to remain a popular choice in the compact car market globally.