New and used Ford Explorer price in Ghana
The Ford Explorer is a range of SUVs that has been in production since 1990. Launched initially as a replacement for the Bronco II, the Explorer quickly became one of Ford’s most popular vehicles and is credited with helping to popularize the SUV segment in the United States.
|Model Year||Price in Cedis Ghana (GHC)|
|Ford Explorer 2006||48,000|
|Ford Explorer 2007 – 2008||68,000|
|Ford Explorer 2009 – 2011||160,000|
|Ford Explorer 2012 – 2013||200,000|
|Ford Explorer 2014 – 2015||320,000|
|Ford Explorer 2016 – 2017||300,000|
|Ford Explorer 2018 – 2019||350,000|
|Ford Explorer 2020 – 2021||525,000|
|Ford Explorer 2022||720,000|
- First Generation (1991-1994):
- The debut Explorer was built on a truck platform, featuring a body-on-frame construction. It was available in both two-door and four-door configurations. The design was traditional, reflecting the boxy, rugged SUV look of the time.
- Second Generation (1995-2001):
- The second-gen models brought a rounder and more aerodynamic look. Though still retaining the body-on-frame construction, it introduced features like dual airbags and more modern amenities.
- Third Generation (2002-2005):
- This generation was larger than its predecessor and adopted a more refined design, emphasizing the Explorer’s transition from a rugged off-roader to a family-friendly SUV.
- Fourth Generation (2006-2010):
- The fourth iteration was built on a new frame, further refining the design with a three-bar chrome grille and more integrated headlights. The interior also saw a significant upgrade in terms of quality and features.
- Fifth Generation (2011-2019):
- A significant shift for the Explorer, this generation moved to a unibody construction, placing it on a car-based platform. The design became sleeker, with a more contemporary appearance and improved aerodynamics.
- Sixth Generation (2020-Present as of last update):
- The latest generation brings a rear-wheel-drive platform, with a design that is both athletic and modern. The prominent grille and more sculpted body lines highlight its evolution.
- Engines: Over its life, the Explorer has been offered with a range of engines from V6s to V8s, and more recently, turbocharged four-cylinders, and hybrid options.
- Transmission: Originally coming with a 4-speed automatic, newer models have transitioned to 6-speed and 10-speed automatics.
- Interior: Modern Explorers are equipped with Ford’s latest infotainment systems, advanced safety features, and upscale materials in higher trims.
- Capabilities: While the newer unibody models emphasize on-road comfort, the Explorer has retained its off-road capabilities, especially in specific trims like the Explorer Timberline.
3. Available models and their released dates
- First Generation: 1991-1994
- Second Generation: 1995-2001
- Third Generation: 2002-2005
- Fourth Generation: 2006-2010
- Fifth Generation: 2011-2019
- Sixth Generation: 2020-Present (as of the last update)
Throughout its history, the Explorer has been available in various trims, including Base, XLT, Limited, Sport, Platinum, ST, and more recently, Timberline. Each trim represents different feature packages and performance levels, catering to a wide spectrum of the SUV market.