New and used Toyota Tacoma price in Ghana
The history of the mid-size pickup truck known as the Toyota Tacoma can be traced back to Toyota’s compact vehicle offerings in the United States throughout the 1960s and 1970s. The Tacoma is a model of the Toyota 4Runner. This pickup truck was given its current name, the Tacoma, for the first time in 1995. Since then, it has rapidly established itself as a leader in its market area, particularly in North America.
Below is the price of Toyota Tacoma in Ghana
|Toyota Tacoma Model||Price in cedis|
|Toyota Tacoma 2010||80,000|
|Toyota Tacoma 2016||300,000|
|Toyota Tacoma 2017||360,000|
|Toyota Tacoma 2018 – 2019||420,000|
|Toyota Tacoma 2020||450,000|
|Toyota Tacoma 2021||500,000|
First Generation (1995-2004)
- With the introduction of the Tacoma name, the truck saw a design shift to a more rugged and aggressive appearance compared to the more utilitarian look of its predecessors.
- Toyota aimed to give it a stronger presence, with pronounced wheel arches, a larger grille, and clearer delineation between the base and the more off-road trims.
Second Generation (2005-2015)
- The Tacoma matured in its design, growing in size and taking on a bolder stance. The design was chiseled and modernized, with headlights that stretched into the fenders and a larger, more prominent grille.
- The interior also saw significant upgrades, becoming more car-like in terms of comfort and features, reflecting the evolving buyer expectations for pickup trucks.
Third Generation (2016-present as of my last update)
- Building on its predecessors, the latest Tacoma offers an even more rugged design, inspired in part by Toyota’s global truck design language.
- The grille became more upright, and the overall truck has a more muscular look, especially in the TRD (Toyota Racing Development) models.
- Interior refinements continued, with more technology and modern design cues introduced.
- Offered with a range of four-cylinder and V6 engines.
- Available in both 2WD and 4WD configurations.
- Manual and automatic transmissions were available.
- Engines were upgraded for better performance and efficiency, with options including a 2.7L four-cylinder and a 4.0L V6.
- Transmissions included 5-speed and 6-speed manuals and a 5-speed automatic.
- The frame and suspension were also enhanced, particularly in the TRD models, for better off-road capabilities.
- Continued with the 2.7L four-cylinder and introduced a new 3.5L V6 with direct injection.
- 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions became the norm.
- Advanced safety features and infotainment options were introduced, making the Tacoma more competitive in a technologically advancing market.
Available Models and Their Released Dates
- First Generation: Introduced in 1995 and ran until 2004.
- Second Generation: Launched in 2005 and continued through 2015.
- Third Generation: Debuted in 2016 and remains in production as of the last update.
Over the years, the Tacoma has been available in various trim levels to cater to a broad range of users—from basic work trucks to more luxurious variants to off-road beasts. Common trims include the SR, SR5, TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, Limited, and TRD Pro.
The Toyota Tacoma’s reputation for reliability, combined with its versatility and evolving design and feature set, has kept it a favorite in the mid-size truck market for decades.